Friday, January 18, 2013

what I thought about "the horse whisperer"

I haven't seen the movie of this--is it good?  The book was very engaging, and I slurped it right up like that coconut/banana/white chocolate boba drink I love so much.  You can tell that Nicholas Evans is a screenwriter.  I was glad that Tom Booker's father was not nearly the piece of human garbage that Buck Brannaman's father was.  I disapproved of the cheating, obviously, but at the same time I totally wanted them to do it because I am vulgar and Tom Booker sounds like a dreamboat.  I could see why Annie would dig him--not why he would dig her, though.  I had no idea what was so great about her that she could attract not just one, but two great guys.  She is the proto-Bella, I guess.  Ugh, now I'm remembering how angry that Twilight book made me.  

Anyhoodle, it was a fun book.  I wish horse ownership were more practical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment