Monday, January 14, 2013

what I thought about "tim gunn's fashion bible"

I enjoy Tim Gunn.  He seems to be a very sensible man, and he says some very smart things in this book.  Why is it that women are simultaneously made to feel bad about their appearance, and bad for caring about their appearance?  THAT'S SEXIST!  Anyway, I like his position that presenting yourself well is not frivolous.  I'm less of a stickler than he is, obviously, because I frequently leave the house in less than tip-top condition.  But still, I like looking nice.  And he is so practical and balanced, and doesn't like wearing a trend for trend's sake.  This book was helpful to me, and I have been trying to figure out if I am a Greek or an Egyptian dresser.  I think I tend toward Greek most of the time.  I have an entirely new perspective on knits!  I would like Tim Gunn to come shopping with me. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to read this. I have to figure out what you mean by Greek or Egyptian dresser.

    ReplyDelete